We have belonged to a dinner/bridge group for many years and this green bean dish has been a favorite. The pinch of nutmeg enhances the flavor, which is creamy and rich. It goes well with a holiday meal, both by color and taste.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through (do not boil).
- Drain the beans; stir into sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans Deluxe in Reminisce December/January 2007, p48
Reviews for Green Beans Deluxe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2013
"This is the green bean recipe I have been searching for! Our families favorite holiday meal will now include this recipe! Thanks!"
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2010
"Not Good .... A waste of Beans."