Green Beans and Red Peppers Recipe
I believe that simple sides are best. These basic, but beautiful beans prove my theory correct!—Betty Ellis, Boaz, Alabama
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain beans and transfer to a serving dish. Add red pepper mixture and stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 79 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans and Red Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC