Green Beans and Red Peppers
I believe that simple sides are best. These basic, but beautiful beans prove my theory correct!—Betty Ellis, Boaz, Alabama
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic
- in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Drain beans and transfer to a serving dish. Add red pepper
- mixture and stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.