I believe that simple sides are best. These basic, but beautiful beans prove my theory correct!—Betty Ellis, Boaz, Alabama
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain beans and transfer to a serving dish. Add red pepper mixture and stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Red Pepper in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p190
Reviews for Green Beans and Red Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2013
"Simple and tasted like I fussed. Great side dish for a complicated meal."