Green Beans and New Potatoes Recipe
This tasty side dish frees up your stove or oven. The vegetables come out tender, and the onion soup mix and onion add lots of flavor to the broth.—Ann Yarber, Goldsby, Oklahoma
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons beefy onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the green beans, potatoes, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 58 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC