- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons beefy onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the green beans, potatoes, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Green Beans and New Potatoes
Sort By :
"I love the ease of this dish. Veggies and potatoes in one pot. The flavor is great, and the fact that it's in the slow cooker is a double plus for me!! And I usually get enough for 2 meals out of one shot, so this is a great economic dish as well!! Thanks again! :)"
"yuck! yuck! yuck! i hate throwing food away but this was un-salvageable! salty, awful flavor, beans never got tender but the mushrooms were so over cooked they were black and the potatoes were awful too."
"The potatoes had a good flavor which my husband liked. However, I would try adding the beans only for the second half of the cooking time, as I thought they were over-cooked."
"My family really enjoyed this dish. Even my husband (who is really not a big vegetable eater) said that there could have been less potatoes and more green beans. I was shocked. I did make two additions to the recipe. I added about 6 oz. of diced cured ham and a teaspoon of liquid smoke."
"Enjoyed very much. Dislike mushrooms very much,and left the out. Don't think it made a difference."