Green Beans Amandine
It's hard to improve on the taste Mother Nature gives to fresh green beans, but Mom has for years using this recipe. I have always thought the crunchy almonds were a super addition.
-Brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain
- and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook almonds in butter over low heat. Stir in
- lemon juice and seasoned salt if desired. Add beans and heat
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without seasoned salt) equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.