Green Beans 'n' Celery Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place beans and celery in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add the pimiento, sunflower kernels, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (3/4 each) equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.