Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington dresses up crisp-tender green beans with celery, pimiento, Parmesan cheese and sunflower kernels. This quick side makes a nice complement to any entree, particularly Italian dishes.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place beans and celery in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add the pimiento, sunflower kernels, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans 'n' Celery in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p42
Reviews for Green Beans 'n' Celery
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review