Green Bean Turkey Bake
In Battle Ground, Washington, Ann Wood microwave extra turkey and mashed potatoes with convenient canned soup and frozen green beans for a hearty meal-in-one. TIP: Don't have leftover potatoes? Ann suggests preparing instant mashed potatoes from a box.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup cheese-flavored snack crackers, crushed
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the green beans, turkey,
- soup, cheese and milk. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes
- or until bubbly, stirring once.
- Carefully spread mashed potatoes over turkey mixture; sprinkle with
- cracker crumbs. Cover and cook on high for 2-4 minutes or until
- heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6