Green Bean Tossed Salad Recipe
I decided to add green beans to spruce up a salad recipe that had oranges, onion and lettuce, and this is the tasty result.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add the salad greens, avocado and pecans; toss gently. Yield: 8-9 servings.
3/4 cup: 216 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Green Bean Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC