Green Bean-Tomato Salad
This deliciously different way to dress up green beans is sure to become a favorite at your house. The snappy dressing nicely enhances the fresh flavor of the beans, tomatoes and onions.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Steam green beans for 6 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Immerse
- in cold water; drain.
- Place beans in the center of a large plate. Arrange tomato and onion
- slices around beans. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour
- over vegetables. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.