Green Bean Side Dish
Garlic infuses a delicate flavor in these extremely fresh and versatile beans that would be a great side dish for any entrée at all.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the beans, garlic and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Stir in the oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.