Green Bean Sesame Salad
Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas recalls, "A friend brought this refreshing salad to a church luncheon and came prepared with copies of the recipe, saying someone always asks for it."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Drain
- and rinse in cold water; place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with
- remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 82 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.