Green Bean Sesame Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared without salt) equals 82 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.