Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas recalls, "A friend brought this refreshing salad to a church luncheon and came prepared with copies of the recipe, saying someone always asks for it."
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Sesame Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Green Bean Sesame Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review