Green Bean Salad
This salad only has a few on-hand fixings to toss together. With a hint of garlic, it stands up beside a highly flavored main dish. Plus, the lemon dressing refreshes the palate.Elizabeth Freise, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add beans. Return to a boil;
- cook for 5 minutes (beans will be crisp-tender). Immediately rinse
- beans in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice,
- garlic, salt and pepper; whisk in the oil. Place the beans and
- tomatoes on salad plates; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.