- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2 inch)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook green beans, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Remove beans with a slotted spoon; drop immediately into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place cucumber, red pepper, onion and beans in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with vegetables. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Green Bean Salad with Creamy Dressing
"This recipe was excellent. It is perfect the way it is and no changes need to be made. We absolutely loved it and will make again often."
"Refreshing summer salad. However, I boiled the beans only about 1 min, as I like them crispy in salads. Drain the beans on paper towels. Also, I used sweet onion instead of regular, as raw regular onion can be overwhelming."