“My grandmother passed on this refreshing side dish recipe,” Jodi Galanis relates from Murray, Utah. “It’s always devoured at my house.”
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, red pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream cheese and milk until fluffy. Beat in the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Green Bean Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p11
Reviews for Green Bean Salad with Creamy Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review