Serve it warm or chilled—this salad is versatile and ready for any occasion.—Cynthia M. Bent, Neward, Delaware
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Add onions to drippings; cook and stir until tender. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugars and salt until blended; stir into onions. Add beans; heat through, tossing to combine. Top with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Salad with Bacon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Green Bean Salad with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review