Green Bean Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and green pepper; saute until tender.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt; stir in the beans, mushroom mixture and cracker crumbs. Gradually stir in eggs. Pour into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 349 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Quiche
"Would make again but it's missing some seasoning ."