Green Bean Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and green pepper; saute until tender.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt; stir in the beans, mushroom mixture and cracker crumbs. Gradually stir in eggs. Pour into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 349 calories, 30g fat (10g saturated fat), 251mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Quiche
"Would make again but it's missing some seasoning ."