Green Bean Quiche Recipe
This colorful quiche is perfect for brunch or lunch. I even like to serve it for our Sunday night supper. Each hearty slice is filled with green beans and mushrooms and topped with tomato and cheddar cheese. It's delicious! -Lee Campbell, Bartow, Florida
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and green pepper; saute until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt; stir in the beans, mushroom mixture and cracker crumbs. Gradually stir in eggs. Pour into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Green Bean Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review