Green Bean Potato Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: I have a taste for beans and find them a great companion to potatoes. A versatile side dish - add ham to make the salad a meal in itself - this one's among the recipes that I've invented myself. I have three children, all grown. -Bea Vrsalijko, Belle Chasse, Louisiana
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- TARRAGON DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, cook potatoes and garlic in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Add beans; cook 10-14 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; discard garlic. Place vegetables in a bowl.
- 2. Warm broth; pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar and seasonings; mix well. Drain vegetables; add dressing and toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 121 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Green Bean Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC