Green Bean Potato Salad with Herb Dressing Recipe
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Drain and slice potatoes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, beans and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 112 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Potato Salad with Herb Dressing
"Love the taste combination of the white wine vinegar and herbs. This is very eye-appealing and quite elegant enough for more sophisticated palates."