- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Drain and slice potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, beans and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as French Potato Salad in Country Extra July 2003, p49
Reviews for Green Bean Potato Salad with Herb Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2010
Love the taste combination of the white wine vinegar and herbs. This is very eye-appealing and quite elegant enough for more sophisticated palates.