Green Bean Potato Bake Recipe
As a pastor's wife, I often cook up contributions to church dinners using on-hand ingredients. This creamy bake was such a hit, I now take it to family get-togethers as well. I make it up ahead, refrigerate it and bake it shortly before serving.
- 6 cups cubed peeled cooked potatoes
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, beans, ham, 2 cups cheese and onion. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and sour cream; pour over the top and gently stir to coat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Potato Bake in Country Woman July/August 2004, p31
Reviews for Green Bean Potato Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2012
This casserole was OK, but not great. It's advantage is that is uses ingredients you're likely to have on hand, and makes a full, one-pot meal.