Green Bean Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 to 3 carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared without added salt) equals 41 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.