Green Bean Medley Recipe
Onion, celery and carrots add additional color and crunch to this basic green bean side dish. I use savory grown in my garden in this recipe.—Janice Cox, Smithfield, Kentucky
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 to 3 carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 41 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Green Bean Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC