Onion, celery and carrots add additional color and crunch to this basic green bean side dish. I use savory grown in my garden in this recipe.—Janice Cox, Smithfield, Kentucky
Recommended: 25 Potluck Side Dishes to Feed a Crowd
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 to 3 carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Medley in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p41
Reviews for Green Bean Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review