Ham tastes just as good the next day in this hearty quiche that’s great at any meal. Sandy Flick of Toledo, Ohio adds green beans for a unique touch and they pair perfectly with ham, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, mushrooms, cheese, onion and garlic powder. Drain beans; stir into ham mixture. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt and pepper just until blended; pour over ham mixture.
- Bake 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Ham Quiche in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p53
Reviews for Green Bean Ham Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2011
"Great recipe. We were doubtful about green in a quiche, but I had a ton of HoneyBaked Ham leftover to use up. It was awesome! I left out the mushrooms, and it turned out fine."