Green Bean Feta Salad
I sampled this salad at my sister-in-law's home several years ago. I've made it often since and shared the recipe with many friends. The unusual combination of ingredients makes a tasty salad that complements lots of entrees.
-Cheryl Martinetto, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and rinse with cold water. Place beans in a large bowl; cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic,
- dill, salt and pepper; shake well. Add pecans and onion to beans.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve
- immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 332 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.