Green Bean Feta Salad Recipe
I sampled this salad at my sister-in-law's home several years ago. I've made it often since and shared the recipe with many friends. The unusual combination of ingredients makes a tasty salad that complements lots of entrees. -Cheryl Martinetto, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place beans in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, dill, salt and pepper; shake well. Add pecans and onion to beans. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 332 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC