Green Bean Egg Salad Recipe
"I received this recipe from my mother-in-law, and it's a great alternative to potato salad," says Jane Gysbers of Blaine, Minnesota. Tip: "Cook a large kettle of green beans for supper and use the leftovers the next day to fix this delicious dish," Jane suggests.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Add the eggs and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 265 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Green Bean Egg Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC