Green Bean Confetti Salad Recipe
People often ask for this recipe. They love the tangy and sweet flavors in the salad dressing. When I'm in a pinch for time, I speed things up with canned vegetables.—Patricia Eckard, Singers Glen, Virginia
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1-3/4 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups canned white or shoepeg corn
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces)sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil; boil for 3 minutes. Pour over vegetables. cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 244 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC