Green Bean Chili Recipe
When folks hear this recipe's name, they're certainly skeptical. But after one taste, they're asking for the recipe! This chili is especially nice for those who don't care for kidney beans found in most recipes. - Barbara Scott, Midland, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 769 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC