Green Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Green Bean Chili(3)
Sort By :
So although I love beans, I don't love them *in* things. Kind of like nuts in brownies...I know, I'm weird. So this recipe stood out for me.
Let me say this couldn't have been any easier or more delicious. I had most everything on hand, made a couple of alterations (more onions and garlic) but otherwise stuck to the recipe. We LOVED it! Low cal, low carb, true chili taste. Thanks Barbara! This will be my "easy chili" for the rest of my life.
I used ground turkey and an extra can of green beans. Yum. Very good.
This turned out really well. Even the chili traditionalists in my family liked it. I used canned regular-cut green beans because I didn't have the French-cut ones, but next time I will be sure to make it with frozen French-style ones. I'm sure there will be many more next times with this recipe!