Kylene Konosky of Jermyn, Pennsylvania dresses green beans, tomatoes and chicken in a pleasant basil vinaigrette, making a refreshing salad. "The flavors really blend well in the refrigerator, so this salad tastes even better the second day," she writes.
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, basil, 1 tablespoon of oil, sugar and salt; set aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil over medium heat until juices run clear. Add to vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Place green beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to chicken mixture. Add tomatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Green Bean Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review