Green Bean Chicken Casserole Recipe
My husband, who claims to be strictly a meat-and-potatoes man, asked for seconds the first time I threw together this comforting all-in-one meal. My daughter and several guests raved about it, too. It's easy to assemble with cooked chicken, frozen green beans and convenient pantry items. —DeLissa Mingee Warr Acres, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each casserole):
- 2/3 cup French-fried onions
- 1. Prepare wild rice according to package directions. Stir in the chicken, beans, soups, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and soup mix. Spoon into two greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
1 cup equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,325 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC