Green Bean Chicken Casserole Recipe
My husband, who claims to be strictly a meat-and-potatoes man, asked for seconds the first time I threw together this comforting all-in-one meal. My daughter and several guests raved about it, too. It's easy to assemble with cooked chicken, frozen green beans and convenient pantry items. —DeLissa Mingee Warr Acres, Oklahoma
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each casserole):
- 2/3 cup French-fried onions
- 1. Prepare wild rice according to package directions. Stir in the chicken, beans, soups, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and soup mix. Spoon into two greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
1 cup equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,325 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC