My grandma made a cold green bean salad with potatoes for every family barbecue. Now at parties I bring my own version of the recipe. With the added fun of cherry tomatoes, this classic favorite is even better. —Angela Lemoine, Howell, New Jersey
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer beans to a large bowl. Add tomatoes and onion; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean-Cherry Tomato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p223
Reviews for Green Bean-Cherry Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review