- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- In a bowl, combine soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper. Gently stir in beans. Spoon half of the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the onions. Spoon remaining bean mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the onions are brown and crispy. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Green Bean Casserole
Sort By :
"This was good, but seemed to be missing something. I made my own cream of mushroom soup and followed the recipe . It was not at all too soupy. I might have cooked it a liitle longer than stated; I wanted the onions on top really crispy."
"Very basic recipe but this has always been a favorite. Love the idea of the onion layer between the beans...hadn't done that before and for some reason it made a huge difference!"
"Turned out perfect! this recipe was exactly what I was looking for an essential classic! A dish that called people back for seconds :D"
"Can I make this ahead n freeze it for a week till Thanksgiving ?"
"I love green bean casserole, since I'm now 13 my parents encourage me to cook, so they wanted me to take the honor of cooking this thanksgiving."