- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot biscuits
- In a large bowl, stir soups and milk until smooth. Add the next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Green Bean Casserole with Biscuits
Sort By :
I still remember the first time I made it. My husband asked what the "little squiggly things" were in it (chow mein noodles). To my surprise, he had two generous servings.
If you've not yet tried this dish yet, it's a must. We have it just about every 6 weeks, we never tire of it, it's that good.