Green Bean Casserole with Biscuits Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot biscuits
- In a large bowl, stir soups and milk until smooth. Add the next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Green Bean Casserole with Biscuits(2)
Sort By :
I still remember the first time I made it. My husband asked what the "little squiggly things" were in it (chow mein noodles). To my surprise, he had two generous servings.
If you've not yet tried this dish yet, it's a must. We have it just about every 6 weeks, we never tire of it, it's that good.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >