My husband is a real "meat and potatoes" man, but he'll always try the various foods I prepare. He especially enjoys this creamy casserole served over hot homemade biscuits.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot biscuits
- In a large bowl, stir soups and milk until smooth. Add the next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Casserole with Biscuits in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p79
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Green Bean Casserole with Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review