Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 30 whole baby portobello mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place the green beans, 1/2 cup cheese, soup, water, nutmeg, pepper and bacon mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; fold in bread crumbs.
- 2. Remove stems from mushrooms; discard stems or save for another use. Spritz mushroom caps with cooking spray; place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, stem side down. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.
- 3. Drain liquid from caps; fill with green bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese and fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.
- 4. Freeze option: After baking mushroom caps, drain and stuff mushrooms. Cool. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake mushrooms as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.