- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 30 whole baby portobello mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place the green beans, 1/2 cup cheese, soup, water, nutmeg, pepper and bacon mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; fold in bread crumbs.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; discard stems or save for another use. Spritz mushroom caps with cooking spray; place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, stem side down. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Drain liquid from caps; fill with green bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese and fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms
Sort By :
"Larger mushrooms are the way to go, so go with medium or even a large portobella mushroom unless you are serving it at a huge pot luck celebration. It was very good, but also very time consuming, however I will definitely try this again."
"Since green beans are not always a family favorite, I substituted steamed broccoli for the green beans and they were a hit!!"
"Followed the recipes exactly and found them to be ok but rather bland .... I was glad I had made my regular stuffed muchrooms too."