Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 30 whole baby portobello mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place the green beans, 1/2 cup cheese, soup, water, nutmeg, pepper and bacon mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; fold in bread crumbs.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; discard stems or save for another use. Spritz mushroom caps with cooking spray; place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, stem side down. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Drain liquid from caps; fill with green bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese and fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms(2)
Sort By :
Since green beans are not always a family favorite, I substituted steamed broccoli for the green beans and they were a hit!!
Followed the recipes exactly and found them to be ok but rather bland .... I was glad I had made my regular stuffed muchrooms too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Green Bean Casserole Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >