Green Bean Burger Pie Recipe
I've depended on this recipe since my college roommate shared it with me more than 25 years ago. People are always pleasantly surprised by the unusually combination of ingredients.—Elizabeth Andrews, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried oregano
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 491 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,011 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC