Green Bean Bundles
I found this recipe in a rural newspaper years ago and have made it often. The bean bundles are excellent with chicken or beef. Sometimes I'll arrange them around a mound of wild rice to make an appetizing side dish. —Virginia Stadler, Nokesville, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the beans until crisp-tender. Wrap about 10 beans in each bacon
- strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a foil-covered baking
- sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is done.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add vinegar, sugar
- and salt; heat through. Remove bundles to a serving bowl or platter;
- pour sauce over and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.