- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the beans until crisp-tender. Wrap about 10 beans in each bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is done.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add vinegar, sugar and salt; heat through. Remove bundles to a serving bowl or platter; pour sauce over and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGreen Bean Bundles
"Scrumptious! I loved the sauce that gave the beans a hint of sweet and sour. I have another green bean bundle recipe I use that is simply olive oil, salt, and pepper but I am glad to be able to add this to the rotation."
"These are delicious and look so pretty too. My son in law can be a picky eater and he loved them."
"I love this recipe just the way it is!"
"Beans & bacon were very good."
"Delicious! A great chance of pace for serving in-season green beans."
"I made these for lunch today and we loved them. I used turkey bacon instead of bacon and they were still very good."
"Bacon and green beans sounds wonderful"
"I have tried this twice. After the reading the comments, I used butter flavor olive oil instead of butter and the used clarified butter which did not gel. both versions were great and had similar taste."
"Pretty easy to make. The sauce is absolutely delicious, but congeals after several minutes...hence the 'serve immediately' (i.e. eat while pouring the sauce on them!). This was the only problem I had with the dish."
"green beans were ok but sauce is fantastic!!!"