Green Bean Bundles of Joy
To make green beans fit the new baby theme dinner, I baked them in little bundles, secured with strips of bacon. A few minutes under the broiler makes the bacon crispy. The dish gets its tang from Italian dressing, which the beans are baked in.
-Ame Andrews, Little Rock, Arkansas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 to 6 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans; cover and cook for 3
- minutes. Drain and set aside. Cut bacon in half lengthwise; place on
- a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until edges curl.
- Place four or five beans on each bacon strip; wrap bacon around
- beans and tie in a knot.
- Place bundles in an 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with salad
- dressing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until
- beans are crisp-tender. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or
- until bacon is crisp. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.