Green Bean Bundles of Joy Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 to 6 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cut bacon in half lengthwise; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until edges curl. Place four or five beans on each bacon strip; wrap bacon around beans and tie in a knot.
- Place bundles in an 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with salad dressing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Green Bean Bundles of Joy(3)
Sort By :
to make it simple for just two I did not bundle the beans.Just put them in baking dish with bacon and dressing.
My family really liked these green beans. Since I've made similar recipes before and the beans came out wizened, I didn't boil them in the beginning, as the recipe calls for, and they came out great and not overcooked. This simple recipe is, I think, the best way to make green bean bundles.
A little bit of work to make, but excellent. I made these for a baby shower and they were a wonderful accent for the chicken casserole.
Perfect name for a baby shower.