Green Bean Bundles Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the beans until crisp-tender. Wrap about 10 beans in each bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is done.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add vinegar, sugar and salt; heat through. Remove bundles to a serving bowl or platter; pour sauce over and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Green Bean Bundles(2)
Sort By :
Pretty easy to make. The sauce is absolutely delicious, but congeals after several minutes...hence the 'serve immediately' (i.e. eat while pouring the sauce on them!). This was the only problem I had with the dish.
green beans were ok but sauce is fantastic!!!