Green Bean Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut or French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and milk; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Beef Bake
"I love this recipe. It's simple but tasty and easy. I make it without the mushroom pieces and I do use a bit of butter and milk in the mashed potatoes."