Green Bean Beef Bake Recipe
This recipe has been in our family for ages. We take it to just about every get-together...folks always rave about it. I like that it's so simple to prepare.—Eileen Jahn, Detroit, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut or French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and milk; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Beef Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC