- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut or French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and milk; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Beef Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p184
Reviews for Green Bean Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2009
"I love this recipe. It's simple but tasty and easy. I make it without the mushroom pieces and I do use a bit of butter and milk in the mashed potatoes."