This recipe has been in our family for ages. We take it to just about every get-together...folks always rave about it. I like that it's so simple to prepare.—Eileen Jahn, Detroit, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut or French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and milk; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Beef Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p184
Reviews for Green Bean Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review