Green Bean Bake Recipe
Your family will fall for this deliciously different green bean casserole. Lemon peel adds the right amount of tartness.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in the sour cream, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drain beans; add sauce and gently stir until coated.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup equals 181 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC