Green Bean and Walnut Salad Recipe
Cranberries make this side dish delightfully Christmasy. Everyone will love the crunchy walnuts, too. —Deborah Giusti, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, walnuts and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 152 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Green Bean and Walnut Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC