Green Bean and Walnut Salad
Cranberries make this side dish delightfully Christmasy. Everyone will love the crunchy walnuts, too. —Deborah Giusti, Hot Springs, Arkansas
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, walnuts and cranberries. In a
- small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean
- mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss
- before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 152 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.