Cranberries make this side dish delightfully Christmasy. Everyone will love the crunchy walnuts, too. —Deborah Giusti, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, walnuts and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean and Walnut Salad in Taste of Home November 2011, p36
Reviews for Green Bean and Walnut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2014
"Want to try this recipe except my fiancé doesn't like walnuts. I'll have to substitute for pecans or almonds. Looks like a delicious recipe though."
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011
"Made this one time for a party. Rave reviews! Easy and tasty."