Cranberries make this side dish delightfully Christmasy. Everyone will love the crunchy walnuts, too. —Deborah Giusti, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, walnuts and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean and Walnut Salad in Taste of Home November 2011, p36
Reviews for Green Bean and Walnut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2014
"Want to try this recipe except my fiancé doesn't like walnuts. I'll have to substitute for pecans or almonds. Looks like a delicious recipe though."
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011
"Made this one time for a party. Rave reviews! Easy and tasty."