Green Bean and Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1. Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl; add onion. Place tomatoes in another bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, water, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables in each bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Stir celery into bean mixture; transfer to a serving platter. Surround with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 48 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.